Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love is All You Need

My life has been turned upside down for sure,
When I think about it, the last two months are really a blur!
My family is three hours away,
I miss them every single day.
Some days I think Utah is so grand,
Somedays I think it's rather bland.
Where are the country roads I love?
Where are the stars at night above?
But guess what, this adventure of mine,
is rather, truthfully, oh so fine!
Because I thought I used to be brave you see,
I thought I was fine just being me.
Now I'm on a new journey that twists up and down,
and although some days I am afraid that I may drown,
I know I won't, I am okay,
Because love is here and it's here to stay.
I am realizing now the definition of brave,
it isn't doing it on your own and manning your own "cave."
It's learning to rely on others you love,
and especially that big man above!
I may not know too well the world I now live in,
but guess what, I'm ready to dive in.
I can still call my family every single day,
and my love is there to wipe those silly tears away.
So on to new adventures! On to new heights!
I can't wait to get out hiking and see some new sights.
For I feel like with this love we've just planted a seed,
And at night when I lay in bed I know...Love is all you need!

 (Isn't he so handsome!)

 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, Melissa and her poetry! That was really great. You are always up for new adventures. I can't wait to hear about all of them.

Terri French said...

Don't make me cry Melissa.......

You are right, he is so handsome and love is all you need when you find it in the right places....which you have!!

I love you so much.

Terri French said...

Read this to your dad while we were riding to Palisades last night. He loved it.