Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Guy on a Buffalo!"

 Words cannot even begin to describe the best vacation I had this past week! It has been a long time since I left town for more then a day or two at a time. I headed up to Island Park to a beautiful cabin, owned by my Aunt and Uncle, for 5 days. I spent the entire time with my amazing friend Lindy and then throughout the week more friends came up. The one "rule" on our vacation was that we never had to do anything we didn't want to do, and that we didn't make any plans. We flew by the seat of our pants the entire time!

The first couple of days our friend Ren Garner was up there with us. We laughed for two days straight and ate the most delcious food! (Ren is a fabulous cook) The funnest thing we did was rent a canoe at Macks Inn and float down the river. We were on the water for almost two hours. We sang at the top of our lungs, saw two eagles, and followed a pair of pelicans for about ten minutes. It was beauitul!



After Ren left, Lindy and I enjoyed a day by ourselves, relaxing, reading, sleeping, watching movies, and just having a fantastic time!

We decided after hours of being lazy we should go outside and enjoy the break in the clouds. We got on our bikes and went for a ride and ended up at this beautiful pond! We literally rounded the corner and it popped out at us. We spent a good twenty minutes just sitting quietly, listening to the sounds around us. Such an awesome experience! What a beautiful world we live in!


On Friday night our good friends Christina Brooksby and Jonathan Miller came up for the weekend. We spent Saturday in West Yellowstone visiting all of the stores. We maybe spent a little too much time there...because things started getting more and more funny and we kept getting more and more silly! We especially laughed when we saw this Sasquatch shirt, for we had been joking about Sasquatch sitings all weekend long.


We went to the Playmill on Saturday night and saw "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." We laughed through most of the playmill and quoted from it the rest of the weekend!

I am so grateful for such amazing friends that have become my second family. I am one lucky girl!

 And just to hopefully give you a quick laugh, watch this video. It became our "Theme Song" from the week and we laughed every time someone would belt out, "Guy on a Buffalo!"


 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM




2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you had fun! I am jealous. . . it looked like a great time!

Amber said...

How fun!