Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Terd Truck

On my run this morning I saw a "City of Ammon" truck driving around McCowin Park. It brought back some memories of my summer working for the city mowing lawns.

Mainly memories of the "Terd Truck..."

I spent a big part of my summer driving around an old, beat up, disgusting smelling, torn up, dump truck. It held everything we needed in the back, our tools and such. I never had a problem driving stick before I drove this truck...but it was hard. I had to use ever muscle in my body just to push down on the clutch. I'll never forget stalling one time near McCowin Park and laughing for a good five minutes before I could start it up again.

But the best part about this truck was what it said on the side. It must have originally been a nice truck, with a simple phrase printed on the side: "Water Department."

But over the years some of the letters fell off and we ended up with 4 simple letters "T-E-R-D."

Needless to say all summer I joked about driving around the Terd truck. I don't miss driving that beast...but I sure wish I had a picture.

You have to love living in small town Idaho!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks for the laugh!