Thursday, April 14, 2011

The call that changed my world!

After working at good old Town and Country on Tuesday I pulled out my phone after signing out. Crazy enough it was ringing and when I picked it up and heard the woman's voice on the other line who interviewed me for a position in District 91 I just about froze. I had not expected to hear anything for another 3 weeks at the soonest. It may have just been the best telephone call I've ever received when I heard her offer me a third grade teaching position at Hawthorne elementary here in Idaho Falls. I know I started to cry and blurted out a loud "YES." I've been praying for months that I would find a job at the school I'm supposed to be at, all the time secretly hoping I would get a job at Hawthorne elementary teaching either 3rd or 4th grade. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father and me had the same ideas!!! After a lot of screaming, crying, laughing, cheering, and jumping up and down with my parents, with family and friends, I feel like that happiest woman around! As excited as I am for summer to get here I'll be even more excited to finally be "Ms. French-third grade teacher"!!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I am so excited too! You are going to be wonderful.

Cheri said...

Congrats to you Melissa! I'm going to drop off a bag of stuff for you on Friday.

Cheri Z

Jenn said...

I am so excited for you. What an accomplishment. You should be proud.

mErEk and DaRy said...

I am soo happy for you! This is incredible! You will make an amazing teacher Ms. French! So happy you were able to find a job right out of college especially at the exact spot you wanted to be! Woot woot! You go girly!

Terri French said...

I am so happy for you!! You deserve it...

Shanda and Stephen said...

hey! I found your blog through Lindsay Rosas' blog. CONGRATS! that is so exciting that you got the job you wanted!