Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From here...to Redfish...and Back

I love my nephew Jaden. It's as simple as that. He's the cutest little five year old (almost 6) that I know. He is my oldest nephew and I absolutely adore him. One day we were talking to each other about how much we love each other. I told him I loved him "this much" (Holding my arms out wide) It kept getting bigger and bigger (from here to the mailbox and back, etc.) Finally Jaden said, "I love you from here to Redfish and back!) To me that was the ultimate I love you. Redfish is home away from home, I'd rather be there then anywhere else, and I wouldn't want to be there without Jaden. So ever since he said that phrase we tell it to each other every time we see each other.

Yesterday I took Jaden on a date. It was by far the best date I've been on in a while :) We went and got candy at the gas station and stopped at Barnes and Noble and got him a Batman book. He is in kindergarten and just learning to read which melts my heart, since I help children learn how to read every day. And when I left we hugged and said, "I love you from here to Redfish and back!" Lucky for me I have the best nieces and nephews in the world and I hope as they all get older I can have and keep a close relationship with all of them!

3 comments:

Amber said...

You are such an amazing aunt. They have started saying that to me at night. I guess I didn't realize that got that saying from you! We love you.

Jenn said...

How cute!!!

Terri French said...

So glad these little kids have you for their aunt.