Without going in to to much detail, the beginning of this week was one of the most stressful and overwhelming I've spent in 3 1/2 years at college. There were lots and lots of tears, lots and lots of prayers, and it was hard to feel too happy for those few days. But slowly things started looking up and most of it was due to my roommate Lindsey.
After a long day I shut my door and said I was going to do homework. I was sitting on my bed facing the door when all of a sudden I see one note card at a time slide under my door. Each with a different word....I....Am....Watching....You. It sounds creepy, yes, but it wasn't, it ended up being the funniest moment of my week. We both laughed for at least five minutes, me in my room, and her outside of my door. Finally we were able to contain ourselves. It brightened my day. But it didn't end there....
As Lindsey was in the front room I taped the cards on the back of her bedroom door. That night she shut her door and saw the cards. I wasn't there but she told me the next morning she laughed for at least 10 minutes. But, the adventure of the cards didn't end there either...
Yesterday I sat down at the supervisors desk at work. The first thing we do is open up a side drawer and take out our name tags. I opened up the drawer and unexpectedly found the four cards taped across the drawer. I have never laughed so hard in the reading center before. It was so hilarious! I laughed and laughed and then looked back and saw Lindsey laughing. I think everyone in the room was staring at us, but it was so funny!
So of course I couldn't end it there. This morning I taped them up under the shower head. I anxiously waited as Lindsey got in the shower. The fan is so loud I couldn't hear anything. But I knew when she came out 10 minutes later still laughing that I had hid them in a great spot!
So who knows where they will show up next...but I'm grateful today for the little silly things like four note cards to brighten my day and make my week so much better!
1 comment:
Fun!!
Post a Comment