Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Any Ideas?
For my big senior practicum class we have to create a unit. Basically it's a bunch of lesson plans surrounding an idea or a theme. It's a big chunk of our grade and I want to make this something I'll actually use. So I've decided to base all of my lessons around a book. That way I could read the book to my future class and do some of the activities along with it. The problem is, I'm having a really rough time deciding what book I want to do. So what were some of your favorite books you read in elementary school (4-6 grade ish) and why did you like them so much? Or if you even have an idea of a book you've read recently that you think elementary students would love...I'd love the idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You could do something around Dr. Seuss books! They are awesome and you can do SOOOO much with them. If you need ideas, let me know!!
There are lots of popular authors out there - but Rick Riordan certainly leads the pack right now. His Percy Jackson and Kane Family books lend themselves really well to a unit study. You can weave in Egyptian and Greek Mythology.
Cheri
I remember having the Giver read to me. I think it was in elementary school but maybe I am wrong.
I've been thinking a lot about Frindle lately, I know it's not a new one, but it was a fun read.
Post a Comment