
For Christmas this year my family is putting together a giant care package for a troop of marines in Afghanistan. I took advantage of being in an elementary school twice a week and had each of my students write a letter today to the marines. Reading through them one of them caught my eye. This little boy is one of the cutest in the class. He's small for a fifth grader but is tough. He's on a dance crew and loves music and moving. If we gave him the chance he would probably break dance all day long. I'll change his name for my blog, but read this and smile, because I sure did.
Dear Marine,
Thank you very much! My dad's friend is a navy seal. Whenever I get the chance I want to be a marine. Thank you for giving me the right to have freedom. That is the reason I want to be a marine. My specialty when I can is to be a sniper and earn my hogtooth. I wish you the best of luck, oh and please be careful. HOO-AH! Most Sincerely, Private Scott Johnson
With little boys like this who dream of saving the world and making a difference, I think the future of our country may not be as bad as it seems!
5 comments:
How stinkin' adorable!!! You are amazing and I bet your 5th graders love you to pieces! Your new picture is hilarious by the way!
You are going to be such a good teacher!!
Cute!
What a cutie!! Haha I especally love the Hoo Ah part and that he titled himself Private. Sure do love little kiddos!
Those letters will be so perfect to send to the Marines. They love to get stuff like that from kids. Thank you so much for getting your school to participate. It always brings tears to my eyes when community members get involved in supporting their troops.
Post a Comment