Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Constants...

I'm feeling really grateful lately for the things in my life that are always constant. My life has spun a little bit out of control, and it's not really going to stop until December 17 and so every time I get to where I think I can't take it any more, I think of all the constant things in my life that I love and will never go away.
  • Every time I go home to visit my dogs Zoey and Ziggy are more excited to see me then anybody! It makes my day when I walk in and their running to me like it's been a year instead of a week or two
  • The scriptures are always constant, never changing, yet always bring new insight in to my life and brighten my day
  • I know I can always call my Mom and she always leaves me feeling a little bit better about my day
  • My nieces and nephews will always be there. I love that their love is constant and no matter what's gone on that day they will always give me hugs (Most of the time). In fact, when I do my homework I usually open up a picture of them and just have it in front of me to remind why I'm going through what I am-to be closer to them when I'm finished!
  • Prayer! What would I do without prayer! He is always there to listen and that will never change. I think without prayer I would have crumbled about 2 weeks ago.
  • Because I'm running out of time, my last 'constant' is about time. I love that the seasons change every year, and that this fall has been especially beautiful. Each change in the weather gets me excited for what's coming. The weather changes a lot in Idaho but it has been that way my whole life and it gives me little things to look foward to which I love!

So family and friends, thanks for being "constants" in my life! I can't wait for the next 2 months to fly by and have my life get back to a more constant pace, but until then, at least I have a few things that keep me going!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I remember feeling the way you did my last semester of school. It is hard when you have so much to do but don't really want to do it. But you are so close! Hang in there and pray a lot and you will feel better. You have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months, the Halloween Party, Riley coming, and Thanksgiving. So take it one day at a time instead of thinking ahead to December. I love you. Call if you need anything.

Terri French said...

I love you, Melissa!! You are amazing.........you can do it!!!!!