Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Overwhelmed....

I thought I had experienced some pretty hard semesters at school, and yes I have. But none of them can even be compared to the semester I'm just starting to have right now! Who knew there would be so much pressure and so many things to do within the first three weeks of school! Along with the major work load is the fact that every teacher reminds us that how we do in their classrooms makes a big difference. They tell us how often they get called to give a reference about a previous student. They also press in to our brains how flawless our resumes need to be and how critical it is that we get everything in this last semester. Needless to say I've been at the verge of tears almost every day. It does make me feel a little better knowing girls around me are going through the same thing. One friend told me today she had already had two break downs this week!

There is one thing that is keeping me sane right now and that is going to my "happy" place. Any time I get overwhelmed and want to break down I take a thirty second break and imagine myself on the beach at Redfish; my favorite place in the world. It's a little reminder to me that I'm doing this for a reason and that it will be over eventually and I will be happy for these long hard days I'm putting in! Thank goodness for Redfish-Heaven on Earth!


5 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry Melissa. Just know I've been there and it gets better. You are already a wonderful teacher so keep plugging away. Before you know it it will be Christmas!!

Heather said...

Yuck, doesn't sound like much fun. It will be over before you know it though. And, yes, it will all be worth it. But, it sounds like you're doing awesome, so don't stress too much. Love you! Give me a call if you need to vent.

Mrs. Keil said...

You are so wonderful!!! I just love that you have a happy place, even though it is not just coming to Orem every single day! Please don't stress out though, because even though it is important to do your best on everything, that's the key, all you can do is your best! And I am sure that you are doing just that! I can't wait to see you tonight!!

Cheri said...

Hang in there Melissa. The semester you're in is notorious for being difficult. Once survived, our student teachers say that the rest is a breeze. Student teaching seems easy by comparison (esp. if you have Sister Kaye). If you need any resources or just someone to talk to, please contact me.

Cheri Zinzer

Amber said...

Hang in there. You are almost done! I keep saying the same thing about being pregnant! We can count down together.