Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hot Wheels and Free Stuff

Weekends go by way to fast! And this one was no exception. In the afternoon yesterday I went to a Rexburg Unplugged event on one of the streets in Rexburg. I had imaged it an event where some food was sold a bands were playing, but it was so much more! Booths were everywhere with businesses giving away free stuff! We went crazy and enjoyed every second of it! I got 3 free t shirts, several waterbottles, and frisbee, and enough free ice cream certificates to make it through the semester! We had a blast!

Lindsey, Madi, Kailey, Me, and Zoey (Madi's cousin) showing off our bags off free stuff

For over a year I have been told by my cousin Dylan about hot wheels. He loves collecting hot wheels like you would not believe! He has showed me several times what the monthly "treasure hunt" car looks like and urged me to look for one every time I went to the store in Rexburg. I actually check quite often but I've never found one. But finally yesterday, I snagged my first treasure hunt. My cousins Dylan and Austin, and Dyl's girlfriend Kim came to the Rexburg KMart for a hot wheels event. Apparently it's a big deal.... You go and are given a ticket with a number on it. Four people are called at a time and you have five minutes to look through a box of hot wheels to find the ones you want. With four of us we figured out chances were pretty good. None of us were called in the first group, but we still felt safe, then the second group none of us were chosen and I could see sweat start forming on Dylan's forehead. ( I could have cared less if I were called but I could tell to Dyl this was a big deal) The third group was chosen and none of us were called and Dylan was looking defeated. But then, then the fourth group was called and whose number was chosen....Mine!! Not having any idea what I was doing Dylan couched me through my five minutes of fame as I chose my hot wheels. I was up against an old lady and 2 little kids who all knew what they were looking for so I'm glad Dylan was there so I didn't look like an idiot! All in all I would go again! It was fun to go and see what it's all about and get more cars for Dylans collection.

Austin with a poster he won after the event was over.

Me with the cars I won-I'm holding the beloved treasure hunt.

Waiting anxiously for it to become 9:00 so the event could start!

No comments: