Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally a Vacation!

Well a mini vacation-but still a vacation! I have looked forward for days and days for my weekend and it was well worth the wait! Friday afternoon I headed down to Utah to spend the weekend with my Aunt Ronda and my amazing Megan! I was able to make it just in time to go to a funny musical with my Aunt called the Shiek of Persia. We met up with my other Aunt Debbie and her husband Mark, ate delicious pizza, and had a good laugh! I can't wait to go back to the Desert Star where the play was for another show. After the show my friend Megan came to my Aunts house and we were finally reunited after months of having to talk to each other on the phone! We definitely talked a lot on Friday night just trying to catch up on all you miss when not living together. Saturday Meg and I spent the the day laughing, shopping, laughing, seeing Letters to Juliet, laughing, eating at Mimi's Cafe, laughing, giving each other much needed massages, oh and did I say laughing! I can laugh harder and have more fun with Megan then just about anybody. It was a much needed weekend that I'm already missing! This morning I was able to go to church with my Aunt Ronda. It was fun to see a little glimpse in to her world. I wish I lived closer to her so I could see her more. She is definitely loved by her ward members. All of the women I met had to tell me how much they love Ronda and how amazing she is. I already knew that, but it was fun to see how much she is loved in Utah too! I enjoyed a great ride home. I realized it was the first time I've driven to Utah without someone in the car with me and it was actually great to listen to some music and just enjoy the ride. I loved it!

My beautiful Aunt Ronda and I :)
Megan and I enjoying the sunshine as we were locked out of ROndas house!
Excited to start our day of shopping!


This store called Shi had the cutest shoes, but their accesories lacked a bit. Don't you love my beautiful giant neon pink bow and Megans headband with a mini hat with feathers on it! (I asked the man if he had sold any of these and was surprised when he said a ton of them. Who would ever really wear these!)






4 comments:

ParkerandKatieDavis said...

Looks like you had fun! did you like letters to juliet? I loved it, I know it was totally predictable, but still such a cute love story! Hope all is well with ya!

Deborah Raymond said...

Melissa...we had so much fun with you Friday night and I loved my little visit with you and Megan... you are beautiful women and the Lord's church is in good hands with you too bright, beaming, and valiant women on deck! We can hardly wait for the next time you are here!

Heather said...

It looks like you had fun. It's always good just to get away once in a while. Oh, and that giant pink bow is a good look for you. :)

Terri French said...

I'm glad you had so much fun.