Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life Is Good

Tonight as I drove home from hanging out with new friends one thought was on my mind...LIFE IS GOOD! Moving home for the summer has definitely been the right decision for me and it's become an even better experience in the past few weeks. I've met and become friends with some amazing girls in my singles branch. I already feel close to them and we've only hung out a couple of times. The picture above is of us last night after going to a movie and eating ice cream. I already know we're going to have a lot more fun together this summer!

I went to a branch potluck on Wednesday and for one of the first times hanging out with the branch I wasn't thinking about leaving. I had so much fun. Most of the time it seems like there are a lot of older people in the branch that I couldn't quite connect with, but quite a few younger girls my age and a few younger guys have gotten to be friends and it's a much more welcoming atmosphere. I love it now!

Friday, for the first time in a long time, I threw a little party at my house. It was mainly my closest friends and we had a blast. Who knew it could be so fun just to sit around a campfire, talk, laugh, and eat food...okay so I did, I love bonfires but some people there had never even roasted a hot dog!

I love looking back after time has passed and realizing why certain things happen to you or why you went through a certain experience or "road" you hadn't necessarily planned on going on. I hadn't planned on moving home for the summer, and even after I moved home I looked for other job opportunities that would have taken me away from home. But I knew I wasn't supposed to take them and here I am at home, not working as much as I would like, but holding a good job. But I realize now how much I've already learned by being home this summer and I look forward to what's ahead! I'm excited to see what the next 2 1/2 months bring!

Just a side note: Since I am not working a full time job right now I'm sort of looking for a part time job. It would be great if it were yard work or something along those lines that could be done for around 10 hours a week or on my own time. Does anyone know of anything?!


No comments: