So, Easter weekend and conference weekend together...not much could be better! And some of the best parts of my weekend were spent with the most beautiful kids in the world :) My nieces and nephews!!
Brigham, Brighton and I sewed together on Friday. They were working on these cool things my Mom bought them, basically the pictures with holes in them that you lace up. I was experimenting with making cute flowers for my hair. They are the cutest little guys in the whole world, the only thing wrong is they are getting to big to fast!
Jaden and I did lots of fun things together but the funnest was probably play mario kart on the wii. I had asked him if on Sunday after dinner we could play a game, just the 2 of us and he kept asking me all through the dinner, "can we go play now!" We finally went and played and for a 5 year old he's darn good! The cutest thing that happened though was one time he crossed the finish line as one of the last players. Some sad music played and he said, "Darn it I lost." And I said, "Look though Jaden you still beat three people." "Woohoo! I beat three people!" It was so cute to see him go from being sad to cheering that he still had beat a couple of players in the race :)
My favorite part about Harlee this weekend was her Dad kept calling it the East squirrel instead of the easter bunny and would always say "No the easter bunny!" Even when I asked her what the Easter squirrel had brought her she quickly reminded me it is a bunny!
Jaycie makes me happy every time I'm around her! I think my favorite moment with her this weekend was on Saturday night. My sisters, Mom, Aunt and I got together during the priesthood session of conference and just talked. When I went to leave I waved at Jaycie and she waved back, and kept waving, and kept waving, and I think she was still waving as a I went out the door. It was adorable!

I don't think there's anything about Jade that doesn't make me happy. I'm grateful I was able to babysit quite a bit when he was littler because I feel like it helped me have a special bond with him :) But the greatest thing that happened with Jade this weekend was on Sunday. I opened the door as they were walking in for dinner and he screamed and shrieked and laughed and smiled all in one when he saw me. I've never had anybody so excited to see me and it made my day!
So In 3 short days I'll be home for 5 months! I'm going back to my old job at Town and Country gardens and have actually already worked there the past 2 weekends. I'm hoping to read a lot and run a lot and meet new people and have lots of fun. I especially CANNOT wait until we can put the good old boat back to work on the lake. I have been dreaming of glassy water and tan skin for months now! So now that Easter's over...bring on the SUN!
3 comments:
It was great to see you this weekend. Jade loves you soooo much!! He only gets that excited for Aunt Issa. Good luck on finals week we can't wait to have you home.
So much for the sun. How about ice fishing? It was great to see you. Only three more days to go. You can make it.
Melissa! I want to be part of your summer plans! I MISS you! :)
Post a Comment