Thursday, March 25, 2010
Great College Job
I know I've said it before but I wanted to say it again- I have the greatest job at BYU-Idaho :) I work in the reading center on campus and am able to tutor a wide variety of jobs, mainly tutoring. I tutor from students who have reading disabilities to students from Korea who need help with their English. And this week I've had the best "project" to work on. My boss needed flash cards (we teach study methods their too and she needed examples) of people in the D&C. She has a book with mini biographies of every person mentioned. It has been AMAZING to me to read about so many of these people. The saddest part is today I worked on that for over an hour and every person I read about had served faithfully and then all of a sudden apostatized and left the church. It was definitely an eye opener to me. But anyways, it's awesome. One of my greatest students this semester is named Hee Sook. She is from South Korea and is here with her husband and two children. She isn't going to school but wants to work on her English so all semester I get to spend two hours a week with her having fun just talking...and I get paid for it! She's such a sweet heart. She makes Korean style hair bows that are so beautiful. She orders the ribbon from Korea and then sales them here. Every time she comes in I have to look at her new bow. Yesterday she surprised me by making me my own out of my favorite color! It was such a small act that meant a lot to me. The only sad part about going home for the summer for me is that I don't get to work at the Reading Center during the summer. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a really cute bow. You sport it well!
Post a Comment