Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gratitude Journal and John Schmidt


Well, It's official. I HATE goodbyes with all of my heart and I don't do well with them. For those of you who know me well, you know I don't cry very often and that when I cry really hard it's not pretty....well in the past month and a half, especially in the past day and a half I've cried more then I've cried in my entire life. So I've given up trying to hide the tears and if you see someone whose face is contorted, who is snorting, and whose chin is quivering that's me. Okay, not really I'm actually deciding as of now that I'm done crying. Who needs tears! My greatest friend in the whole entire world, Melissa Hart, entered the MTC today. I honestly don't like not having her here already. I went to text her twice today, and on my way home I had a tiny thought that I needed to call her tonight...but I can't. But I am so proud of her. For those of you who don't know her she is the most amazing person you could ever meet. She always builds others up, never tears others down, and is always giving thanks to Heavenly Father. It's amazing! I'm grateful I get to see her grow over the next 18 months and I'm hoping I can grow through her too!

So tonight I put on sweats, ate some chocolate and just wanted to mope, when I decided to work on my assignment for a class. I have to do a gratitude journal and after about 10 minutes of making a cute notebook full of gratitude quotes who can be sad! I then turned on the most amazing song ever and have now listened to it 5 times in a row and realize that I don't need to cry because they're are things to be grateful for!

So listen to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkQqXO_OFYY, eat a piece of chocolate, and remember " Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with LOVE, GRACE, and GRATITUDE!" Love you all!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I bet we were eating chocolate at the very same minute! Just think though Melishka, we all (speaking of the three amigas) are going to experience so many great things over the next year and a half, and even though we are not going to be together for all of it, you and I will still be able to see one another (hallelujah!) and we can send Mel so many great things in the mail! I love you so much, and if you ever need to talk, because I am sure I will need to as well, feel free to call me please. Be positive, happy, smily like I know you can be, and I will see you so soon!

Deborah Raymond said...

Melissa... you are so adorable. Who is the author of that amazing quote! I would love to know! If it's you then you ought to be a poet and inspire people with your writing! I'm going to use it... good things are worth copying... You are a treasure!

Sherril Hart said...

Melissa, you almost made me cry more than when we dropped her off. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Terri French said...

Melissa,
You are so amazing. How did I get such a blessing to have you in my life.....