First off, my weekend was amazing! I was able to go down to Utah with family and go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert! It was AMAZING! The spirit was so strong and the music was fantastic. The best part of the whole concert was the organist who arranged a crazy song with Good King Wensecles and the Nutcracker Suite. His feet were moving a million miles a minute, along with his fingers. Brenda said the only body part he probably wasn't using to play was his nose! It was amazing! It was great to be able to spend time with family this weekend and just get to talk and have fun. I definitely have to worlds greatest parents and aunts and uncles.
When I finally made it back to Rexburg yesterday afternoon (the roads were definitely not enjoyable to drive on) I was greeted by Melissa and Megan screaming and running to give me a hug. It was the best welcome home I've ever had! This is our last week living together probably ever and so I'm trying to enjoy every moment. Something awesome happened last night. A friend in my ward, James, came over because he is in a scripture study class and for 30 minutes a week they have to teach a lesson to someone. All semester he has taught a friend of his but she was stuck in Utah so he randomly looked in our apartment and saw us and started to teach us his lesson. At first it probably would have just lasted a half hour but then something happened. I don't even really know how to explain it. I love the scriptures, I try to read them and study them every day, but things started clicking for both Megan and I last night. He taught us one lesson about ways he has learned to study deeper in to the scriptures and we kept asking questions. Because of that he got excited and kept teaching us more, and we kept asking more questions. Through all of it we would be laughing and joking but then we would talk for a while and keep going. I think the best part was when Megan and I "discovered" what one of the verses meant without him saying anything and then when we read ahead and the next few verses said what we had just said we both started screaming! Who knew you could get so excited and cheer about studying the scriptures!!!? Before we knew it almost 4 hours had passed ( I know, crazy huh?!) But it was probably some of the funnest and best 4 hours of the whole semester. I love the scriptures and I'm grateful for worthy priesthood holders who get excited about reading the scriptures and are willing to teach it to people who may not understand it as well and get just as excited when they see you discover something new! So awesome!!!

1 comment:
Good for you Melissa... you'll have that experience as a teacher... I love the moment when the light goes on for those kids... it happens to missionaries too when the investigators realize they know... You are beautiful and it was fun to be with you this weekend! Thanks for sharing you!
Post a Comment