Saturday, December 19, 2009

How to say goodbye....

I met Megan Slaughter and Melissa Hart 2 1/2 years ago. They were my next door neighbors my freshman year of college. We had so much fun together as neighbors we decided to be roommates! So for three semesters now we have lived with each other. We definitely became more then roommates. Megan and Melissa are the MOST amazing people I could have ever been blessed to be friends with. It is so awesome to know that at the end of the day someone is at home who will listen to you complain about your day, or help you smile if your sad, or dance crazy with you at a moments notice, or do absolutely everything fun with you. But, I knew it was going to come (somewhat) to an end. I know I will be friends with meg and mel forever. But, Melissa is going to Minneapolis, Minnesota on a mission in February, and Megan is leaving to do her student teaching in Utah. We most likely won't ever live together again. I have know this all semester so I thought the goodbye wouldn't be to hard because I was prepared for it. Ha! Yeah right....but to make the goodbye a little easier we made the past week the best we possibly could....


So these next 2 pictures were actually 2 FHE's ago. We had a ward talent show and megan and I played our guitars and sang. I couldn't leave the pictures out thought because I love them!


MONDAY: This semester I had the best FHE group I have ever had. All 6 boys never missed. For those of you who have a single FHE you know how amazing that is. The girls were so much fun and we had a blast together. To have a great last FHE we decided to go sledding. College students don't have many sleds though but I did discover that cardboard works just as well!


TUESDAY: Who wants to study when it's your last week together! Megan and I sure didn't so we had a movie night. And of course we picked the longest movie we could...Titanic! Megan painted her toenails and I loved the movie so it was great!
WEDNESDAY: Since the new crossroads eating place on campus opened up this semester we have gone there several times. We went and ate there one last time together for lunch on Wednesday. The food was yummy and it was a good break from the day!THURSDAY: What could make finals week more exciting-A 3 hour power outage! The power went out in all of Rexburg Thursday night. It was hilarious to open our front door and hear all of the girls screaming. We realized how unprepared we were so we collected together the 3 mini flashlights in the apartment and hung out all together. It was a blast! It was hilarious to me that within 20 minutes of the power outage a dance party broke out in a parking lot. Because it was freezing we didn't want to go but it was fun to hear the music and just laugh as more and more people came. But instead of the dance this is what we did.

Laughed at Brianne (the one whose face is shining) created her own headlamp with a headband and a mini flashlight
One of the craziest things about the whole power outage was looking out our door and not seeing the temple lights on. I can see the temple perfectly from my apartment and it was a little unnerving not to see it all lit up. But luckily within several minutes the generators must have kicked in because a mini light on the spire of the temple came on!
Megan decided to tell ghost stories....well maybe not quite scary stories but we did tell lots of funny stories to each other!
And who doesn't like to eat mac and cheese by flashlightAfter giving up on the lights ever coming back on we decided to open our Christmas presents we had gotten for the 3 of us. We sat by our mini charlie brown christmas tree with flashlights in hand and opened them. Within 5 minutes of opening the gifts the power finally came back on!

FRIDAY: The last day of the semester was definitely a little bit sweet but most bitter. It feels great to know I'm done with classes this semester! I took my last final at 7 am and then was done! But then the rest of the day I spent moving next door and cleaning my apartment (never fun) and then it came time for Meg's graduation. She decided to walk while she still was in Rexburg and then will get her diploma after student teaching. It was so fun to finally meet her whole family and spend a little bit of time with them. But basically it was one of the hardest things ever for me. I won't go in to details but i jokingly told melissa that I got my seven minutes of crying in for the next 10 years (I don't' even remember the exact time but we joke all the time about the certain amount of crying we heard your supposed to do in a year) So Megsh and Mel I miss you already. You are the best friends I could ever ask for. I will miss not living with you more then anything but I'm so grateful for you! Your are the best and never forget it!



1 comment:

Megan said...

I love you. That is the most beautiful not-goodbye I have ever read in my whole entire life. Thank you for being such an amazing woman and such an incredible example to me. Again, your words touch my heart and bring power to my soul...:) Talk to you tomorrow!!