Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A few of my favorite things

These are a few of my favorite things about being home this past week for Christmas: ( not in any certain order)

1. Taking a long shower and not having the water be cold
2. Sleeping a bed where I can stretch out my legs and not have them hang over the end
3. Having the cutest dog in the world greet me every morning when I wake up
4. Seeing the worlds cutest nieces and nephews dress up and play the parts in the nativity scene
5. Hearing my Dad play the saxophone (or as he called it the sexy-phone!)
6. Eating peanut butter balls, wantons, ham, treats, everything! haha
7. Seeing the Christmas lights around town, especially the crazy lit up house out in Iona
8. Being with my sisters and their husbands! I love them
9. Racing Mario Kart with Dad on our new Wii
10. Coming home later one night to find my Mom playing the new Wii downstairs to learn a new game for my niece (I never thought I'd see my Mom playing a video game by herself!)
11. Getting to talk to my cousin Travis who is serving a mission on the phone-for just a minute or two!
12. Watching a ton of movies
13. Seeing family members that I have not seen in what feels like a long time
14. Having my nephew Jade run over crying and wanting a hug when I went to leave his house on Christmas morning
15. Having time to read!-I discovered (thanks to Melissa) a new series. It's the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- 2 books are out right now, 1 more coming in August. They are the most amazing books I have ever read, they rank right up there with Harry Potter
16. Taking a nap almost every single day
17. Getting new clothes for Christmas- I was in desperate need!
18. Going out to lunch with my Aunts and Grandma
19. Doing baptisms for the Dead today
20. Waking up the smell of fresh baked bread!
21. Not having to go grocery shopping for myself!!
22. Playing the piano
23. Reading some more
24. Playing a new fun word game at my sisters house with my Aunts, cousins, sister, and brother
25. Checking out the back door every so often to just make sure it isn't snowing- I'm still waiting for the exciting moment when snow will be falling down!
26. Holding my niece Jaycie
27. Going over to see my friend Melissa last night at her grandparents- when I walked in the door her entire family (even some I had never met) ran over to give me hugs
28. Being able to wake up without an alarm jerking me out of bed
29. Talk to friends on the phone
30. Just plain being home- What could be better!

The break is going by way to fast. I only have a few more days at home. I'm grateful it has been such an amazing break and I'm looking forward to the next fun few days!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

We are so glad to have you home!! It was so much fun to have you here on Christmas morning. As is evident from Jade's goodbye outburst he was happy to have you here as well.

Terri French said...

I've loved having you home. The only bad thing is I will have to go through the separation anxiety when you leave again......

Deborah Raymond said...

Melissa...from my perspective, you always seem to be the life of the party...you get back all you give out...You sure are amazing!

ronda said...

I loved spending time with you Melissa....lunch, games at Ambers and a movie at the Ingram's. What are we going to do next??
I Love you!