Monday, December 31, 2012

The Best Part About Christmas

 I literally counted the days, minutes and hours until I got to be in Idaho Falls for Christmas. For me it meant the longest time I've ever been away from my family and I was definitely anxious and excited to get home!

There are so many possible options for what could have been the best part of my Christmas.

It might have been the annual French Family Breakfast on Christmas Eve. We go to Perkins every year and enjoy hot chocolate, french toast, crepes, and waffles!

It could have simply been sitting around with my family, talking, laughing, and playing games. I had missed doing that!


It definitely could have been going bowling on Christmas Eve and seeing my sister Amber jump high in the air to do some mini splits after she got a strike. 
 It might have been Christmas morning at my parents. Ian and I were there along with my sister Jenny and my nephew Jade. It was so fun to see Jade find what Santa had left him, and it was even more fun to see this kid play with his new toy :) 


There are 8 little things that could be my best part of Christmas and that would be my nieces and nephews. I have missed them! 


The best part could even have been after we got home and using our new presents, especially the new wii fit!


Or spending all of yesterday with Ian's family to celebrate his sister Alie leaving on a mission next week. We laughed so hard and were excited to show our love to her!


But, when it comes down to it, the best part of Christmas for me was celebrating it with Ian. I have never been able to share Christmas with anyone before and for me to share it with the person I love most in the world was pretty special. I sure love Mr. Falkner! We definitely had lots of fun in Idaho Falls and are continuing to soak up every free minute we have the next two days. Christmas as a newlywed is definitely one I'll never forget!



2 comments:

Amber said...

It was so great to have you and Ian home!

Megan said...

You have to admit that the Christmas exchange we had in the hallway in our apartment was a good one too :) love you Melishka!!