For me one of these positive interactions happened yesterday with nature. I played hooky at work and spent the day with my Dad at Grand Targhee. Being around that beautiful scenery reminded me of the bigger picture and that I need to be grateful for every moment I'm given!
Saturday, February 4, 2012
The Way You Treat Others is a Windown to the Soul
I feel like since I started teaching school in August, I've learned a lot about the importance of human interactions. Not just at school, but at church, with my family, and with friends, I'm realizing how every interaction, conversation, and smile can mean something. It breaks my heart when I see others hurting someone...intentionally or unintentionally. I feel even worse when I realize it's something I've done. This whole learning experience was brought to the surface last night when I watched, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," and I was reminded that everybody has their own 'story.' It's important to remember that people have a past, have had joys, have had sorrows, and because of each of these they may treat you in a certain way. Never judge a book by its cpver and remember that you can be the person to make a positive impact in someones world each day!
For me one of these positive interactions happened yesterday with nature. I played hooky at work and spent the day with my Dad at Grand Targhee. Being around that beautiful scenery reminded me of the bigger picture and that I need to be grateful for every moment I'm given!
I always leave any interaction with my Dad on a positive note. He's my hero, my friend, and my greatest example! I loved spending the day with him yesterday meeting people from all over the country on the chairlift and hooping and hollering as we skied down beautiful terrain. I love you Dad!
One little moment in my week that may such a big difference was playing peek-a-boo with my niece Rylee. I hid behind the couch and every time I'd peek around she'd laugh in her cutest one year old laugh! I couldn't have spent a better 15 minutes one weeknight.
When it comes down to it, it's important to treat others the way you'd want to be treated. Every time I'm with this little guy Jaden, or any of my family, friends, and co-workers, I always leave a better person if they've left that positive note on me.
I still feel like I'm learning this lesson of kindness and positivity but I know that people are aware of how you treat others, and most importantly God is aware. The way you treat others is a window to the soul, and wouldn't you want that window to shine on to the brightest scenery possible?!
For me one of these positive interactions happened yesterday with nature. I played hooky at work and spent the day with my Dad at Grand Targhee. Being around that beautiful scenery reminded me of the bigger picture and that I need to be grateful for every moment I'm given!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree 100% Love the positive post for the day! Thanks for sharing Melissa!
Post a Comment