Each Sunday as I go to church I know there's things I'll see there that you wouldn't see in a regular family ward. We're a breed of our own and it always makes me laugh to see our certain "charms" that you won't see anywhere else!
1. The executive secretary greets every girl at the door with at least a five second hug.
2. The Branch president welcomes people every week something like, "Welcome to those of you who are new, or those of you who are just shopping." (Yes, Yes, sometimes I feel like a piece of meat!)
3. When a new name is read in to the branch you can see every eye in the room turn to look at them and within ten seconds decide whether they are their future eternal companion or not.
4. The first two questions anyone asks anyone else are, "How are you?" and "Are you dating anyone?"
5. The marriage word, without a doubt, will come up in every meeting: sacrament, sunday school, and relief society.
6. The best part is the silence during the sacrament. Imagine sitting there for ten minutes in absolute silence; it's the best part of most of my weeks.
7. Talking to someone you can usually think of A. a time you went on a date with them B. a time they want on a date with your friend C. a time you liked them or D. a time one of your friends liked them....it's a never ending circle!
Most of those were silly things, but they are all true! But deep down I am beyond grateful for my singles branch. I can look around at any given time and see someone who has done beyond amazing things for others, themselves, and the church. I love being surrounded by such amazing examples! And I defintely know I'll get some kind of laugh every Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment