1. I got an email from the Hawthorne secretary sent to the whole district stating Hawthorne was giving away a piano. I couldn't believe it! I sprinted down to the office asking if I could have it in my classroom (who knew we had an extra piano lying around?!) And guess what, It's now in my classroom! I took all 22 of my students down the hall to push it down to my classroom. What a fun thing to have!
3. And last, but definitely not least, I opened up my email last night to find I had received the grant I wrote a couple of months ago for 10 ipads in my classroom. I laughed and cried all at once and I still can't stop smiling. The even better news is that 5 of us Hawthorne teachers received grants for either ipods or ipads. It's going to really change our school in a positive way. My chances were pretty decent, 141 grants were written and 50 were chosen, but being a first year teacher I did not expect to get it and I could not be anymore excited! Yay for education! :)
3 comments:
THat's definitely a good day!! Your kids will love having a piano in their classroom, especially with a teacher that will use it a lot! It is so cute too! What a way to end school before Christmas break!
That is so great. I can just picture you playing the piano while all of your kids are sitting around you singing!
I am so excited for you. Good things are happening for you and you deserve it. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment