Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh The Places You'll Go

I've been working my tail off all week to get my classroom ready for Back to School night tonight, and around 4:30 this afternoon I finally made it! My theme for my classroom this year is, "Oh the Places You'll Go." I feel like this year is going to be an adventure for me as well as for my students and I think that theme reflects that. So here's a quick tour of my classroom:

My desk :) The quote above my Redfish picture is, "You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose."

This is group central. The rug is where we'll meet as a class and the table is where I"ll meet with individual groups.


This is the main desk area and the door to my room is behind that big closet.

This is my favorite part of the room-the Reading corner :) I can't wait to have more books to fill all of the shelves.

I've hung frames up in the classroom and as the year goes on I'll switch them out with pictures of my students doing various activities.
My back to school night went as good as I could have hoped, and the second I could I ran out the doors to make it to the Josh Turner concert in time! I've had my ticket for over two months and when I found out BTS night was the same night my heart just sunk. But luckily I have an amazing principal who told me to get out of there so I could go have fun! And let me just tell you, it was amazing! I went with some friends from Shelly, amazing girls whom I love! It was such a stress reliever and spirits booster!

The handsome Josh Turner-and yes we giggled and screamed like 12 year old girls every time he smiled!

The Group-This was literally a minute after I got there and a minute after this Josh Turner came on stage. I couldn't have timed it any better!
Here's just a couple of videos from the night-notice the giggling and screaming and sighing like 12 year old girls :)

4 comments:

Terri French said...

You are amazing!! Can't believe all you are doing right now. It will be fun to cheer you on in your race tomorrow.

Ashley said...

Look how much stuff you have in classroom! Mine would be bare. It looks so great! I got nervous and so excited for you. You'll be great, I can't wait to hear all your stories :)

mErEk and DaRy said...

Ok... your classroom is adorable!! Being a teacher is definitely your calling in life! You are so creative and crafty I love it!! Good luck, I hope you have a great first year of teaching!

Cheri said...

I love your classroom Melissa! You've done a fantastic job!

Cheri Z