
I had new teacher training this past Thursday and Friday. I walked in thinking I'd see at least someone I knew from BYU-Idaho. Well, I walked in and saw a friend named Melissa, and I was so excited to see her there! We had met each other our sophomore year through a mutual friend. We never had any classes together but we would always see each other in our buildings and catch up there. I had lost touch with her in the past year and it was so fun to walk in and know we would be friends again! Through our training we got free tickets to Saturday nights Chukars game. I usually don't love these games, I've never stayed for a whole one. But it was pretty fun! There was only a couple of innings without any points scored and in the end the Chukars won! And what was even better was after the game they had brought in some Polynesian dancers to put on a show for us. It was a super fun way to spend Saturday night!

I walked in to my kitchen tonight and decide to check my Violet I had bought my last week of Town and Country. Between transporting it home and replanting it, being careless, I lost all of the blooms it had on it and ripped several of the leaves. I quickly put it in this planter and left it on the top shelf in my kitchen by the window. I have been watering it but not really paying attention. I was so excited tonight to pull it down and see how amazing it's doing! Being that teaching is what is consuming all of my thoughts right now I'm relating it to my own life. I feel like going in to this school year I'm feeling a little stressed (okay a lot!), I've lost some "leaves" and I don't have many blooms. But I'm really hoping within the first weeks of school I start to really take root and eventually love life and love teaching like I know I can! So here's to a new school year and to beautiful blooms on my Violet! :)
2 comments:
Melissa, you are going to be an awesome teacher. Seriously, i was so impressed with your classroom today and how organized you are. You are putting so much thought into everything. Your kids are extremely lucky to have you as a teacher. You will feel much better about life after next week. The anxiety is always the worst part about anything new! Let me know if I can help with anything.
You're going to be just fine Melissa. All teachers have those same feelings as we prepare for the new year. Even after all these years, I still have butterflies as I think about new students, new programs, and new challenges. There's no doubt about it, you're going to bloom!
Cheri Z
Post a Comment