I have spent a week every summer since I was one at Redfish Lake. It is heaven on earth to me. And each summer when a leave a piece of my heart stays there. This year was no different, in fact I may have left my whole heart there-it was the best year I've had in a long time! Throughout the year when I tell my nephews and nieces I love them I will say, "I love you from here, to Redfish, and back". It means so much to me to say that, because Redfish means so much to me. Here are just a few of the millions of reasons why I love it, and why I loved this years trip!
Jade was adorable. He's only two and on the four wheeler ride he held a tiny flashlight. We rode in the dark and every time we stopped he would wiggle it around at everyone. It was adorable and made me smile!

I spent several hours every day in my swimming suit soaking up the sun, reading my book-enough said :)
I love the scalliwag flag that only flies when someone under the age of 7 rides on the tube!
Just look at this view!
I went on my first four wheeler ride, riding behind my amazing Dad. We rode 15+ miles back in to the Sawtooth wilderness. It was gorgeous!
Even our dogs join in on the fun. Zoey took her rightful spot in the captains seat the entire trip.
They made me smile all week!
More then anything I loved laughing with my family. We have soooo much fun together. From Jason hopping with his heels together back to the tent in a lightning storm, to Beau taking Jaycie (my 2 year old niece) waterskiing, to laughing during a competitive game of 5 crowns it was an amazing week and one I would love to relive over and over again!

In the words of Warren Miller and Jenny Barbo-"Same Time, Same Place Next Year!" I'll be there and am already counting the days!
3 comments:
It was a great trip. I love the pictures!
Oh, it looks like you had a terrific time! I need to go there one day!
Also, as much as you are bummed that you're not living the dream that is Redfish at present...welcome back!
It was sure fun. I am so glad we have REdfish to go to every year to laugh and share memories with!
Post a Comment