A few months ago I wrote a post about goals, how I wanted to make a change in my life. I aimed really high with those goals and wanted ultimately in the end to feel better about myself before I started teaching school. Well I can now say after running 100s of miles since then, training for a half marathon, losing 25 pounds, and spending a little extra time just taking care of me, I'm ready to go back to school feeling great!
I capped off this summer by running in the Mesa Falls Half Marathon yesterday. I've run it twice before so I knew what I was getting in to. But this time I was determined to end the race feeling great. I still got tired (who wouldn't, it's 13.1 miles!) and I still walked some, but ultimately I felt better the entire time, more then I ever have. I averaged a 9 minute 30 second mile the first half and then slowed down a little bit from there. But I crossed the finish line right around 2 hours and 17 minutes, shaving off 11 minutes from my last half marathon time. I still haven't stopped smiling. Isn't amazing to set goals and reach them?! Now I just have to come up with a new goal to keep me working hard! Any ideas?!
4 comments:
Melissa, I am so proud of you! 11 minutes. . . that amazes me. I have to admit I was thinking about you all yesterday morning wishing I was running with you. Maybe next year. . . or maybe we should do the Teton Dam 1/2?!?! Good luck tomorrow. I am sure you are nervous, but you are starting a whole new adventure. I can't wait to hear all about it.
I agree with Heather, it felt so weird not to be running with you. But I am so proud of you for doing it. Maybe you should plan for a big race in the spring, like in Southern Utah, so you have to run all winter. Whatever you do you have to keep up the hard work because you look awesome!
As I am reading your post I am singing "We are the champions!!" But I am substituting We for Issa. I am so proud of you. Have you ever thought of doing the Rexburg half tri-athalon? I've always that that would be fun. I also think it is fairly early in the Spring.
I saw this post last week and thought I left a message, but not sure what happened. We are so proud of you and your many accomplishments. It was so much fun watching you run!!
Post a Comment