Sunday, July 31, 2011

My New Home

After months of looking at apartments, weighing my options, looking at more options, and praying a lot, I finally found an apartment! My whole wish all summer was to find a place before Redfish so I could focus on school all day as soon as I get home! And since we leave for Redfish on Wednesday I found my place in the nick of time! It's an adorable basement apartment that makes me so happy to call home :) My cousin Lindsee helped me find it and I'm so grateful for her! So here's a quick tour of my new home, there's more I could show you but you'll have to come visit to see!

This is the kitchen. My favorite part about this whole apartment is the arch leading in to the kitchen!

When you walk in the first thing you see is my living room. Thanks to all of my family who donated gently used furniture to my apartment! It will be put to good use over the next few months. As you can see with all of the pictures and decorations in the back I haven't done much decorating yet. My roommate Shelli is moving in for good while I'm at Redfish so I've been holding back until she got here.

This is my room. Not too exciting but all I can say is that new bed I bought is SOOO comfortable!

And lastly I just had to show off my furniture. All within 24 hours I had my grandma give me an old dresser that was off white, my sister give me a desk that was yellow, and my friend give me a wooden side table. I went to work painting them all white, spray painting the handles turquoise, and then covering the seat with this cute fabric. If you look at them too close you'll see they're not perfect, but in the end I'm pretty happy with the way they look! I've always been jealous of my sisters who have a talent of making old things beautiful again, and I'm hoping some of that talent has rubbed off on me!
(PS notice the CDs sitting on the desk?! Those would be the long awaited Redfish Lake 2011 Mix CDs! I cannot wait for Wednesday!)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It looks so cute!! I'm so happy for you.