Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lessons Learned from Harry Potter


(Me and my final Harry Potter ticket!)

Last night a big part of my life came to an end. I went to Edwards and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yes call me a nerd. In fact I told my sister Jenny yesterday if there's one really nerdy part about me it's Harry Potter. So here is my one final post, my one final dedication, to Harry Potter and the role it's played in my life. Laugh all you want, but here comes my nerdiness!

Harry Potter has been a part of my life since I was 10 or 11 and as each book came out I was right around the same age as the main characters. What they were going through, I was going through (minus the whole magic and spells part!) But after over ten years of loving these characters, loving the books, hating the first movies, and now loving the last ones, these are the lessons I've learned from Harry Potter:

1. Learn all you can while your in school and throughout life, because someday you will be put in to stressful situations and will be grateful for all the time spent studying and learning in the past!

2. Cherish those around you that you love, because you never know when they may not be with you anymore. No matter how much they may bother you or come in to your life at inopportune moments, you will miss them when they're gone.
3. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
4. Love your enemies. Yes I said it, and although it sometimes seems impossible, in the end you'll be grateful!
5. Everyone, no matter who they are, has something amazing to offer the world. And, if put in the right situations they will rise to the occasion and become the person they've always dreamed of being!
6. Never judge a book by its cover.
7. In the end, and yes there will be an end, LOVE conquers all. Love is the strongest magic and the strongest weapon and will determine the ending of your story!
So Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Lupin, Tonks, Sirius, Snape, Hagrid, Hedwig, and Dumbledore, you have been there for me in my loneliest, happiest, saddest, and greatest moments of life. I know I'll pick up right where I left off in the lessons you've taught me each and every time I read Harry Potter. And to J.K. Rowling-Thank you for writing something so powerful and amazing that not only affected millions of lives for the better, but most importantly affected mine. The book has closed, the credits have run and Harry Potter you will be missed.

4 comments:

Cali said...

I love this post. I am equally nerdy in my love of Harry Potter. I'm going to miss it but at least we can read the books over and over again!

the ginabean said...

Oh my heck, I loved the final installment of these movies! -I didn't care for the first movies myself.

PS Snape is my favorite character ever written. Just saying. (I totally bawled when he died, and when it showed his memories. And a few other parts as well...)

Ashley said...

Haha, I love it! Pat always makes fun of me because I'm saying I wish Harry Potter was real, and I could actually live it. I love them. We were talking about the movies and I told Pat I was already excited for the day I can introduce Ledger to the books :) I loved this post. I hope all is well. And....summer is going to be over before we know it and you will be teaching as Ms. French!! So exciting!

Cheri said...

Cool. You are SUCH a teacher! I am dragging my feet about seeing the movie because I don't want it to be over! I am so grateful to J.K. Rowling for the kids she turned on to reading and the lessons (which I think you nailed) that were taught.