My parents decided that we had 4 days that we could get away and head to Southern Utah to play right before I graduate from college. I was excited to go and even more excited to get there and see how beautiful it was! We had a blast and although I'm tired and sore I would love to go again!
Day 1:
We set out at a lovely 6:30 am to get the even more lovely 8 hour car ride behind us!
We set out at a lovely 6:30 am to get the even more lovely 8 hour car ride behind us!
My favorite hike at Zion was to the Emerald Pools. About a mile up you got to hike on a path behind some waterfalls!
There's a small river walk/hike that we took that night. We got to the end and all around were piles of rocks. We guessed maybe a school had come and piled them up, but who really knows. They were so fun! I was tempted to get down there and make my own pile!
Day 2: Today was gorgeous! We spent the morning hiking, and after my fear of heights got the better of me we rented bikes for the afternoon. This was my favorite part of the whole trip. We road all the way up the canyon and back, a 16 mile round trip that was the prettiest bike ride I've ever been on!
Day 3: We woke up and walked around town. The little shops in Springdale were super fun. We decided we had some extra time and we headed to St. George. We toured Brigham Young's (my 6th great grandpa) summer home and stopped at the temple. It was the whitest temple I've ever seen!
Day 4: We woke up to a lovely blizzard...goodbye 85 degree weather! And after another long 8 hour car ride I'm home! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a wonderful vacation! I love you!
6 comments:
Aw I'm so glad you were able to leave and get away! It sounds like you had so much fun! I know I've told you a million times but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to see you Saturday!
I love Zion! So glad you were able to get away with your folks and enjoy lovely Southern Utah. And every graduate deserves a little break! Congrats, my lady!
We did have a great time, didn't we. It's hard to come back to cold Idaho. It was especially fun getting to show you some of our favorite places.
That sounds like so much fun! I've never been to southern Utah before. I am celebrating the end of college by working 72 hours a week for the next couple months. Not quite as fun as yours. Have fun at graduation!
I am so jealous. It looks so warm! I am glad you got to go.
It looks like you had a great time!! I'm so jealous that you were able to get out in some sun.
Post a Comment