How is it that the littlest hearts can make the biggest difference in your life? I am lucky to have 7 (almost 8) beautiful nieces and nephews, and the past 3 months I've been surrounded by 26 beautiful first graders. I have learned more from these little hearts then I've learned from anybody else.I've learned that sometimes things are just better after crying for a few minutes.
I've learned that sometimes people might make you mad, but it's just as easy to forgive them, and even better to play with them a minute later to make things all better.
I've learned that sometimes learning is hard but if a first grader with learning disabilities can work hard every day to learn how to read, I can work hard every day to learn ways to teach that student.
I've learned that sometimes laughter and dancing, especially when combined, are the best medicine.
I will miss my 26 first graders but am so excited to move on to the next step of my life. Luckily I have my nieces and nephews to be there this summer until I start school in the fall! Now let's just pray I find a job!
2 comments:
working with kids is the best thing ever...
Melissa -
There are a few openings at Ammon Elementary (principal Lanie Keller). Will let you know whenever I hear of a new opening. Cheri Z
Post a Comment