Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

This morning the weather is beautiful!! So I took my trusty dog Ziggy for a walk around my neighborhood and I thought about the past week and how great it has been. It's included:

  • A weekend getaway to Utah where I saw some of my favorite people in the world. I spent one night with my old roommate Lindsey eating at the Mayan and catching up since we've been separated since December! I miss her so much! Then I went out for ice cream with my Aunt's Ronda and Debbie and their friend. It was so fun to see through them how great life can be. And then I was able to spend the rest of the weekend with the most amazing woman ever, Megan Katherine Slaughter. From seeing her classroom, to pedicures, to shopping, and eating out, we had a perfect girls weekend!
  • I thought about this week and how much I loved being in my classroom. It's really hitting me that I'm done with school so soon and am graduating bright and early Saturday April 9!!!
  • I thought about the fun I've had this week with my friend Chris. He's been home for a few days from Spring break. I beat him at a great game of Sequence, he introduced me to a little restaurant called Jack in the Box, which I had never eaten at, and we spent a few hours at Kelly's enjoying our last 8 runs of the year there!
  • I thought about the fun I had last night playing Solitaire Frenzy with my beautiful friend Devri and her new fiance Adam and my friend Chris. Needless to say Adam and I could have stopped playing about half way through because Chris and Devri whooped us!
  • And I thought about my job interview this morning with District 91. It was my first interview for a teaching position and I'm excited and anxious to finally have a job. Now I just have to be patient because although the interview went great it will be another month or more before I hear anything back!
So it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood and all I know is I'm excited to see what the next few weeks bring!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I didn't know you had an interview?!? That is so exciting.

the ginabean said...

Good things are happening! I hope so hard that you get the job in 91!

Love you, girlie!

Cali said...

Was it an interview for a teaching job in the fall? That's so great Melissa!

Megan said...

What a great post!!! Love You!

Terri French said...

You deserve all the beautiful things that are happening to you.