Monday, February 14, 2011
Feeling Loved
For any of you who have ever been single on Valentine's Day (which I'm sure at least all of you have been once in your life!) you know that sometimes it's not the funnest day. I'm not one of the Valentine's Day haters, I love seeing people share love and give flowers and just be happy on V-day...but it is a hard day and a hard reminder of something I'm already reminded of every day anyways! Well today (and it's not even over!) has turned out to be the best Valentine's Day a single girl could ask for. I was showered with Valentine's, flowers, loves, thank you's, and candy from my first graders. I was shocked at how many of them brought extra special things for even me. It melted my heart. And when one little boy walked up to me and told me he loved this other boy as a friend it reminded me what the day should be about. Sharing love with those we love as friends and family, not worrying about being single! And then, I came home and walked in my room to unexpectedly find this....
On my bed were notes from each of my nieces and nephews and sisters. I cried as I read the notes realizing how loved I truly am. Do I want to be married, yes, but getting married will never change the love I have for my family and the love they have for me. I'm so grateful I have them for eternity and I'm grateful for the love they shared with me today. It meant the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad that you felt loved. . .that was the whole point, because you are!
Post a Comment