Monday, August 30, 2010

Amazing Women, Amazing Branch

I have spent the last 3 summers in the Ammon Foothills YSA branch but this summer has been by far the best. I don't know if I've talked about this before but I'll tell the story again. I was worried about coming home this summer...My 2 best friends were on a mission and in Wyoming and all my other close friends weren't around. Last summer was pretty lonely for me and I worried it was going to happen again. I started praying around February that I could make at least one friend this summer...and after a lot of praying and a lot of waiting I made more then just one friend! I have met and become friends with so many amazing people this summer. A group of us girls around the same age end up doing something fun together every week. And then of course Amanda and I, and now her sister Tiffany too do a lot of things together. We just have so much fun! I love the branch for bringing me to these amazing girls and I love the church for how it makes such strong women! I have loved my branch this summer, from my branch president to my calling (ward pianist)...it has been amazing! I'm actually not looking forward to leaving for this semester because I'll be sad to leave my friends. But, I'm taking 18 credits and will probably be so busy that time will fly by. I'm grateful for amazing friends and I'm grateful someones looking out for me and that my prayers are answered!

This is the group of us that gets together quite a bit. Me, Amanda, Kara Kopp, Jessica Smith, and Tiffany Barrus. Jessica is going on a mission to Canada in December. Tiff and I will be heading to BYU-I in a week. Kara and Amanda both have great jobs here and do amazing things!

My bestie this summer. What would I do without her! It's going to kill us to not see each other every day! Thank goodness for cell phones :)
We have so much fun together. These were all taken at fhe tonight. Jill Schenk is on the right. We've become good friends too. She teaches elementary school in Roberts and is such an amazing person!


The three of us :)





2 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay Melissa.....I'm not going to lie! I cried as I read your post!!! I sure do LOVE you!!! I'm so sad you are leaving me!!! Its so crazy how we both prayed for friends and found each other! Sure do love Heavenly Father for doing that! Your so GREAT!!!! Thank you for everything!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Amber said...

I wonder if you friend Jill is sisters with a boy named Jason. He was my age. You will have to ask her.