Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Feeling Grateful!

I've felt incredibly grateful the past few weeks and I wanted to share why! As I've talked about before, it was really really hard for me winter semester. My two best friends were gone, one 5 hours away and one on a mission. I had lived with them for a year and a half and we were constantly talking and having so much fun. So when they were all of a sudden not in my life as much any more it was rough for me. I had a pity party for a while....that was not any fun. So then I tried just enjoying life the way it was, without any close friends outside of my family. And surprisingly that was okay, because I'm lucky and have the worlds greatest family. But since about February I have been praying Heavenly Father would send me at least one friend. One friend who I could call up and just say hey let's go to a movie, and a friend I could talk to about everything going on in my life like girls like to do. For a while I felt like my prayers weren't being answered, I was just impatient. The past month or so I have become great friends with a couple of girls in my branch. It wasn't until last week that I realized my prayer had been answered! So since then I've felt truly grateful, grateful that we have prayer and have a Heavenly Father we can pray to, grateful that I had that time 'by myself' to grow, and so extremely grateful that my prayer was answered and I have made fantastic friends!

Last night, one of friends Amanda and I went and saw the sounds choir production of Oklahoma. I didn't quite know what to expect. The last time I saw this play it was done by my high school friends and it was not a very big production. But this was great! There were lots of actors in the play which made it exciting. We had to laugh at some of the terms the men used in the play (we couldn't help but say guys today would never say this!) For example when one of the main actors was with a girl he liked he said something along the lines of, "my heart just a palpitates when I'm around you." Hehe....But it was a blast. Now it's time for countdown to Saturday! The fourth of July is my favorite day of the year and I can't wait!




2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you've made some good friends. Heavenly Father definetely knows what he's doing.

Megan said...

You are just too amazing for words! Love you Melissa!