I was tutoring my amazing student Melanie yesterday and she told me how school was rough for her this semester. She said she still felt like she had just returned from Christmas break and couldn't get in to the swing of things yet, even though it's February. Then my great friend at work Paige said although next week is mid terms she still felt like it was the first few weeks of class, she couldn't get in to school, and I have to say I AGREE! No matter what I'm doing, I don't want to study, I don't want to go home from work just to jump in to studying for the next 4 hours, I don't want to write papers or work on projects or even go to my classes. Needless to say I can't not do all of these things so I'm at least going through the emotions. I've decided winter semester is always rough because I've been in school since September, working non-stop, I don't get to be outside as much as I would like to, and I'm 2 semesters away from graduating. I've been going to school for 15 years gosh darn it! I'm feeling very ready to be done.
So instead of working on my homework to get it done before this weekend, I'm writing a blog post. I'm dreaming about the beach, and I'm in comfortable clothes, homework is no where in the picture! 7 more weeks-that's all I have left, I can make it right?!
And before I go I couldn't help but tell you how excited/not excited I am for the weekend ahead. The time has finally come for my best friend Melissa's farewell. I get to stay at my other best friend Megans house and we are going to do nothing but fun. I told my good friend Matt today that there would be no crying allowed this weekend ( and although the chances of that happening are pretty much zero, I really hope I don't cry) I'm tired of feeling sad every time I'm around her because although I will miss her every single day that she is gone, and the thought that I can't call my best friend whenever I want is miserable, I'm so excited for her. She is going to be an AMAZING missionary and I know there are people in Minnesota who are waiting to hear the message of the gospel. You'll be great Mel! But in 24 hours I should be there and I can't wait to see my best friends!
2 comments:
I hear ya!! It's not just school for me its mid January to mid March when there's nothing much going on and you are stuck waiting for the snow to melt. Have a great time this weekend.
Sounds like you have the winter blahs, too.....
You'll make it. I can't believe you are so close to finishing. Where did the time go....
Shouldn't you still be in first grade :}
Post a Comment