The biggest surprise of the weekend was when Melissa came. She wasn't supposed to make it to Rexburg until Friday night but Thursday night when I was at my apartment I see this adorable little blonde run in and once I realized who it was I started screaming and crying and hugging and crying. We probably looked hilarious but I've never been so surprised or excited to see someone. She could only stay for a few minutes but we were able to get together for real on Friday. When Megan made it to my apartment on Friday it was the first time her, Shiloh, Melissa and I had all been together since last Spring. I group hug was in order...
And then a real picture was needed too....( the great thing about this picture is Megan still has on her student teaching name tag because she was so quick in coming she hadn't taken it off yet!)
We were officially starving after that so all of us along with my roommates Chelsea and Annie headed to Applebees for dinner. Although the wait was a little long the food was delicious. It feels so comforting to be around people you love, who already know everything about you and love you for it anyways, and who you can laugh harder with then with anyone else...
Saturday morning we hit up Great Harvest for our 25 cent piece of bread with our favorite married couple Sydney and Thomas. We try and go there every Saturday and it was fun to be all together.
After playing wallyball we got all ready for the day and couldn't help but take pictures...
We then ate a delicious meal of shells and played games for a long time. We played the game Last Word which I had only played once before and it may be my new favorite game! And then of course we couldn't go without our favorite place Cold Stone. We met up with lots of friends there and ate delicious ice cream.
Today went by too fast and before we knew it we were saying goodbye. Melissa's farewell is in two weeks, that's when the real goodbye comes, and that is why I'm so grateful for the weekend I had. I'm grateful for friends who are so amazing and for laughter, and for girl talk!
(L to R Will Gierke, Shiloh Jernigan, Megan Katherine Slaughter, Me, Matt Montoya, Sydney and Thomas Harding, and Sister Hart!) We had to have a few last pictures with the group of us together.
3 comments:
What a great weekend! Seems like you have amazing friends...what a blessing!
I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends!!
Love you! Can't wait to see you in two weeks!! Beautiful miracle girl!
Post a Comment