Monday, February 15, 2010

Green River, WY

This weekend I was able to take the 'beautiful' drive to Green River, Wyoming for Melissa Harts farewell. I'm so glad and grateful I was able to go and support her on the big day. We spent a lot of time sitting around talking with friends and family and eating lots of food so it made for a very relaxing day and a half. I love Melissa's family-they are some of the greatest people ever! And since I've heard about Green River so much the past 3 years it was fun to finally be able to go. (and as much as I love Melissa and Megan I've decided I don't think I could ever live in Green River, WY!) Although there was a pretty rock formation outside of town, if you drove for 5 minutes there was NOTHING! I felt kind of isolated and all alone and I didn't like it! And yes, saying goodbye was not fun but I'm grateful my roommate Shiloh drove with me because I could only cry for thirty seconds and then we had to drive home! So after 5 long hours we screamed as we pulled back in to Rexburg and it felt good to be home. Melissa and Megan I love you! Thanks for letting me come visit this weekend, feeding me, making me laugh, and having a great last weekend together! Love you both!

The picture at the top of the page was all of her friends who came. This is the last picture of the three of us (do I look a little tired....)



Here is the BYU-Idaho crew who came. I love all of these people. Melissa, Matt, Megan, me, Shiloh, and Nate

Last 'roommate' picture....we sure missed Sydney this weekend and were wishing she could have been there!



And just a side note, on Saturday morning I had an amazing opportunity. Elder Quinton L. Cook and Elder Costa of the seventy came to Rexburg for a stake conference. They decided that they wanted to do a special meeting with just the EQ and RS presidents at BYU-Idaho. It was such an amazing experience! There were probably only 250 people there in a chapel with an apostle. He did some stand and vote questions which were eye opening and then we had a question and answer sessions for over an hour. How cool! Next time I'm with you remind me to tell you about it....

1 comment:

Terri French said...

You have had such an amazing college experience because of your wonderful friends. You have certainly been blessed!!