Sunday, January 24, 2010

Did you see that car in the parking lot....

Almost since the day I got my license the awesome Jeep Grand Cherokee that sits at the end of our driveway when I'm home, the jeep with the faded paint on the roof, and the windshield wipers that only run on high, the jeep whose doors won't shut in the winter because their frozen so you drive with them partially opened until they defrost enough to shut, the jeep whose CD player doesn't work, and the jeep that has driven me back and forth from Rexburg to home countless times and the jeep that hardly ever dies on me and which I have lots of funny memories with and the jeep which I love. Well this morning as I drove to ward council with my presidency I didn't notice anything wrong. When I got out of the jeep and shut the door hard (because it was frozen) I looked back and noticed my back left window was completely shattered with a gaping hole on the inside! I didn't actually see it shatter so I don't know if it was the door that did it or if it happened before, but all I know is there was a giant hole in my car! The miracle was I didn't even have a panic attack. I was super calm and thought, "Oh no, there's a hole in my car guess I better call Dad." So that's what I did. He came and switched me cars. When he looked at the hole he thought it looked like someone hat hit it with something or even shot it and then it must have just completely shattered when I slammed the door. So hopefully he can find a window in the junk yard like he hoped to, but one thing I realized even more is how grateful I am for my car and for the worlds greatest Dad!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh man! That poor Jeep! It has sure seen better days. But it's kindof like Betsy. . .just keeps plugging along. Hopefully dad can find a new window!!

Jenn said...

The jeep reminds me a lot of the silver bullet. It was a great car that dad bought for Amber and I for $300. It was worth every penny just for the memories.

Amber said...

I hope Dad can fix it. Jenn, I will never forget the silver bullet and the pain I put it through!