This past week was the busiest of the semester, and maybe the busiest of my life. It wasn't a bad week, but there was more homework and not necessarily "fun" things to do, that I didn't have much time at all to have fun. By the end of the week I definitely needed a break from everything so I did what anyone would do. I went home! I've been home since school started but I haven't gotten to spend the night yet, and it felt so great to be back home. It was amazing to sleep in a bed that's not on cinder blocks, and a bed that my legs don't hang off the end if I stretch all the way out. It was amazing to take a hot shower with plenty of water pressure! It was awesome to have a fire going in the morning and a back door to open in the afternoon when it was nice. It was amazing to get to see almost all of my family. I miss my cousins on missions a lot and it was nice to be home and feel a little closer to them. It was awesome to be able to spread my homework over the entire table, instead of cramped in a tiny cubicle on campus or on the tiny desk in my room. And, although I wasn't ready to come back yet last night, it was awesome to ride back in to rexburg feeling rejuvenated and ready to start a new week! I love BYU-Idaho so much, and I know it's preparing me to have my own home someday just like the house I grew up in. Mom and Dad I LOVE YOU! You're the best and I hope someday my house can have the same spirit our house does...because it's the best!
After church today we made dinner for 4 of our FHE brothers. It was also a nice reminder to me to know that even though my family isn't here (and I know, I'm not far from home at all) but I can have a family here too. Megan and Melissa are amazing, they are the best girls I have ever met and I hope someday to be half as good as they are. And I have great brothers this semester who I feel I could ask for a blessing, or ask for a ride somewhere and they would drop everything to be there. Megan is graduating this semester, and Melissa has made the amazing decision to go on a mission so she may not be here next semester either. So I'm feeling grateful that I have this semester to spend with them because it won't ever happen again. So all in all, I'm just really grateful for families in all shapes and sizes and how the spirit can be felt anywhere!
The crew at dinner: Left to Right- Cameron Dunn, Megan, Me, Melissa, Mike, Chris Morris, and Brandon Dunn is standing in the back (he's not as though as he's making himself look here!)
3 comments:
I'm glad I got to see you even if it was kind of crazy at Grandma's house. I hope your week isn't as crazy! Love you.
It was great having you home. I glad you love to be here.
I always remember that same "feeling" coming home from college. Nothing like being home.
Post a Comment