Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Nightmare In Loafers

I had a nightmare last night for the first time in a long time! I usually don't remember my dreams, and this one was scary! I had a dream it was my first day of my first year teaching. I was wearing this horrible dress that looked like one from the early 90s and I had on these horribly ugly loafers! But, that was only just the begining! In my dream I didn't start setting up my classroom until the day before school started. I remember something about my Aunt Ronda coming and trying to help me get everything ready but we were moving at the slow dream pace where no matter how fast you want to go you can't! So when the first day of school came I didn't have any desks set up or anything thing on the walls. The kids came walking in and I told them to just find a chair and sit in it. Behind the kids in walked these people in policeman looking outfits who sat right in my classroom. I began talking to each one of the kids individually and ignoring the other 30 kids in the classroom while I did it (In my head I was screaming what are you thinking but in my dream it was no big deal!) It turned out I did not have any lessons planned or even any idea what I wanted to do with my students on the first day. Horrible! As I was talking to my students the "policeman" would yell out things like, "You're doing that wrong, try something else." or "Stop, do it again." or "This lesson is bad do a new one." I woke up wide awake and could not fall back asleep. I better not have nightmares like this one until I start teaching!!! :)

2 comments:

ronda said...

Melissa...so glad I could be in your nightmare!! :) You definitely have to let me help you get your first classroom ready!

Deborah Raymond said...

Melissa... Ronda is GREAT at helping get things organized. She helped me soooooooo much! As for the nightmares... I had those too! You'll be an awesome teacher!