It was a busy week here in Rexburg Idaho! I am loving my job, loving my classes, and loving the new friends I'm making! This semester I'm taking Exceptional Students. We are learning about people with all different types of disabilities. Throughout the semester we have to complete different disability assignments. On Friday for 4 hours I had to wear different visual impariment masks. My head was definitely spinning by the end. It was miserable! But Megan and I got to do it together for about an hour so that made it a little more fun!

On Friday night we had a ward bonfire out by R mountain. The fire was huge! It was great to watch people trying to stand 10 feet away from the fire and roast a hot dog! But we all had a blast. We ended up spending most of the night hanging out with our new FHE family. I think it's going to be the best FHE group I've ever had! We had a ton of fun together and all smelled very strongly of smoke by the end of the night!
My FHE group!

A boy in my ward named Travis, Mel, and I

Standing in front of the huge fire-which you can't see because we're blocking it!

On Saturday I got to go home for the day, do a bunch of laundry, and go to the R.S. broadcast with my Mom and sister Amber. It was a fantastic day! When I got back that night I sent a text to Melissa asking if she could help me come carry up some stuff. As I pulled in I see Melissa followed by 5 of my FHE brothers. I couldn't help but laugh as they all tried to help me carry up my stuff (which was enough for 2 people but not for 6!). One boy carried a muffin and another a bag of bread! What great FHE brothers though! After that we ended up going to play football on campus. It was a blast and I LOVE BYU-IDAHO!!!

4 comments:
Glad your year is starting off so great. You deserve it!!
Does it seem like you were really home for 5 months bored out of your mind? I'm glad that you are having so much fun. As always, call me with updates!
I am so glad that you are having fun. I really like your hair when you crimp it or whatever you did in those pictures with your fhe group (yes, I know I'm old and don't know the correct terminology)!
I'm so glad you are having a good semester!! Your fire reminds me of a saying Grandpa Bob always told at Redfish when we were little," White man builds big fire stands back and is cold, Indian man builds small fire roasts hot dog and is warm, White man silly!" or something like that!
Post a Comment