I finished my first full week of classes and it was definitely busy! I would leave the apartment around 7:30 and not get home until around 6 and then spend several hours every night doing homework-it took me a few days to adjust back to this schedule after a summer of being lazy, but I'm back at it and ready to go! A lot of fun things happened this weekend. There was a children's literature conference this weekend which I was sad I couldn't go to because it was pretty expensive. But, I got surprised in my literature class because Lois Lowry, the author of The Giver ( and much more ) and the key speaker at the conference, was coming to speak to El. Ed. majors. It was amazing! She was a hilarious woman and had a lot of awesome stories about why she writes the books she does. I loved her so much that I went that night to hear her speak to the English majors. It was AMAZING!
On Saturday night some boys stopped by our apartment complex and invited us to go play football. I ended up going with my new friend and neighbor Kelsey and we had a blast! It ended up turning in to Ultimate Frisbee, with a football, and it was a blast! We played for almost 2 hours. We all agreed that we want to play again because it was so much fun!
Today we had our first apartment dinner together. It's always fun to see what everybody has that you can throw together to make a meal! It was fun to get to know my roommates better and have fun together on a Sunday afternoon!
My roommates Brianna McIntier and Melissa Hart. They had matching food so we had to take a picture!

The whole apartment after dinner! Brianna, Sam Olson, Brittany Collins, Melissa, Me and Megan!

My neighbor Kelsey-We've become quick friends because we both decided doing homework at night is much more fun if you can do it with a fun neighbor!

We took this picture after listenting to Lois Lowry speak. This is in the Hinckley building on campus which is Elementary Education central. All of my classes for my major or basically in this building! It is gorgeous and I love seeing President Hinckley's picture everday!
5 comments:
Looks like fun, as always! I'm sure Lois Lowry had some interesting things to say. . . she's a very creative writer! Love ya'!! Have a good week.
Your roomates are all so cute. I am glad you are having a good time. Enjoy every minute of it because it goes by way too fast! Love ya.
I'm so glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. It was so nice seeing all the photos of your friends.
I am so glad you are having such a great time. College is always busy but I'm glad you are finding oppotunities to get out and meet people. One of my favorite books is The Giver so I'm sure it will be great to hear from the author. Is she LDS?
You get a lot of fun, fun experiences in your major... and your hopes of being a stellar teacher grow with every one of them... then you get into the real thing and you try to keep up with your dreams... what I know for sure is that if anyone can, it's you!
Post a Comment