Friday, August 7, 2009

Redfish, Oh Redfish...


Redfish, Oh Redfish, I sure do love you

It's heaven on earth, there's so much to do!



Waterskiing, tubing, and lots of card playing

Sitting around the fire and laughing at the stories Grandpa is saying



Tan lines disappear and sand castles are built

And at night in the cold we huddle under a quilt



Snorkeling, fishing nets, and riding our bikes

Lots of fun comes from watching the little tikes



Riding on the new tube brought out lots of screams

I loved playing volleball and mine was definitely the best of the two teams



The year ends and begins on this vacation of ours

And by far my favorite part is looking at the thousands of stars



Redfish, Oh Redfish, Oh how I miss it

Only one more year until Redfish 2010 becomes the new big hit!










4 comments:

Amber said...

I didn't know you were a poet!

Jenn said...

You are a poet and I didn't know it!! That is way cute. I can't wait until next year.

Heather said...

You really must be bored! Just kidding. . . I loved your poem!

Deborah Raymond said...

Hey Melissa... great poem to capture your memories... I remember when you were the little tike we all watched...now you are a beautiful woman... I love your eyes and your smile!