Saturday, August 15, 2009

Charlie the Chukar and Elder L. Tom Perry

This week I got to go to two fun events! On Thursday night and went with Heather, Beau, and the girls to an Idaho Falls Chukars game. I haven't been to one in a long time and it was a lot of fun. Harlee was very excited to see Charlie the Chukar but when she finally got up close to him she didn't want to hug him. It was super fun. It's a fun atmosphere and even more fun when you get free tickets!

Last night I went with my branch to Clarkston, Utah to see the Martin Harris Pageant. I had a blast driving down with a car full of girls. We talked and laughed the entire way and had tons of fun. Even more excited was while we were waiting for the play to start Elder L. Tom Perry walked in! You don't get to see an apostle of the Lord very often so it was great to get to see him. He actually sat somewhat near me and I ended up watching him more then I watched the play. Needless to say, I did not enjoy the pagaent at all. I did not like the way they portrayed some of the characters so I was disapointed. But it was all worth it to be there and ride down with all of the fun girls!

Charlie the Chukar!


Harlee and I at the baseball game
Kara Kopp and I at the pagaent. I go visiting teaching to her.
This is me super excited for the play to start, my excitment quickly went downhill the second the play started though...
Most of the girls who were in the car on the way down. I actually grew up in the same ward with all 3 of these girls, so it was fun to be able to talk to all of them!
Elder L. Tom Perry walking in :) It's the best picture I could get because I was not going to be one of the many people who ran over and had to get pictures with him while he was sitting for the play to start. I don't know, maybe I'm grumpy, but I thought it was kind of disrespectful. But it was great to see him with his cute wife!







No comments: