My life this summer has basically consisted of 2 main things. 1. Work 2. Softball...Other then that not much else has gone on! So I figured I would show these 2 things!
1. For those who don't know I work at Town and Country Gardens. Although lately it has been getting really really boring because it is really really slow, I still think I work at one of the most beautiful places in Idaho Falls. My day at work consists of watering plants, helping customers, doing a lot of pruning, planting flowers, sweeping, and trying not to pass out from all the heat!
This is what you see when you walk in to the nursery at T&C. Every Monday morning it is my exciting job to write on the chalk board. It is actually one of my more favorite things to do at work and I was given the task because I have the cutest hand-writing (I work with mostly men!)

We are each given a section at work and this is part of my section. Every few weeks I change the plants in the display. I changed all of these plants a few weeks ago and it took several days to do!

There are cute statues and beautiful flowers all over the nursery-I definitely never have problems finding things to look at.

And finally, although it's not the best picture, it is a layout of the nursery and every time we water we have to mark the area we got done. Not super exciting but I thought it would at least show how much watering there is to do! If I were to water everything all by myself, when it's 90
degrees outside, it would probably take me 8 hours or more. Good thing I'm not the only person that works there!

2. This summer I got to play on a co-ed softball team with a bunch of friends from my branch. It has been extremely fun. I have always loved softball and it's been really fun to play again. I made it the whole season without any "injuries" until this week where on Monday a girl on my team threw a ball low and it hit my shin and on Wednesday a large man hit a line drive that hit my shin! Oh what fun! But, other then those painful moments playing softball definitely made my summer much more fun!
This is a picture of most of the members of my team!
4 comments:
I didn't know you were playing softball that is awesome! Let me know if you have any games left this summer and I would love to come watch. I loved working at Town and Country when I was in college also. The one is Pocatello is much smaller but still very pretty.
You've been a trooper to work so hard and not have a huge amount of fun this summer.
I've loved having you home.
I've been jealous of you playing softball. I loved playing softball . . . although i would probably be really bad now!
I've always loved nurserys and after a friend owned one for a while I realized how very, very much work they are... how nice though, to spend part of every day in such beauty!
Post a Comment