Sunday, February 8, 2009

Eventful Weekend

Friday night I was on call at work. I was hoping all day I wouldn't have to go in, because I wanted to go watch my cousins play in the Civil War basketball game. So when I called in at 6 and they said they didn't need me, I hopped in the car and headed down the highway for home. The game was so much fun! I have not been able to watch my cousins play very much and they are both super good! It was fun sitting by my family and seeing everyone cheer for the players. After the game we got to eat ice cream for Beaus birthday and then it got exciting. Heather realized it was time to head to the hospital, because she was in labor! I camped out on the couch downstairs so I could be by Harlee while she was sleeping. Harlee slept like a log during the night and my new niece Jaycie Faith came early in the morning! She is so beautiful! I love her so much already and I've only been around her for 2 minutes!

On Saturday Jason Vest and I headed up to Kelly Canyon to try out for ski patrol. I LOVE skiing! I have been thinking about doing ski patrol a lot because then I can ski more with my Dad. I know next year I won't be able to take the ski class on campus, so this will be a way I can help other people and have fun skiing while I'm doing it! There were actually a lot of people who tried out. I knew Jason would make it but I wasn't so sure about myself. I feel like I'm a confident skier but there were a lot of really good people. After a couple of hours on the hill and only 2 runs worth of skiing they made the decision. Jason and I are both going to be on the ski patrol! I'm super excited and I think it will be fun to be able to do it with my Dad and one of my favorite brothers Jason!



4 comments:

Terri French said...

I hear from your dad that you are quite the skier now. Jason said that you were by far the best woman skier there and better than a lot of the men.

Way to go!!

Deborah Raymond said...

Melissa... you have such an adventurous spirit and such a willingness to serve others. I am very curious to see what the Lord has in store for you with your many and varied talents... with such a willing heart I'm sure it will be amazing!

ronda said...

Way to go Melissa! you will learn some great skills to use for a lifetime! And...I loved seeing you at the civil war!

Jenn said...

That is soooo awesome that you made the ski patrol.