Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Be Grateful!
All year long, just like everyone else in our country, I have been hearing about the bad economy and how people were losing jobs. So far, it had not affected me personally and I thought everything was fine. Until yesterday when I got an email from my boss saying the budget was super tight and I should start looking for another job because they could no longer put me on the schedule. I was devastated. Although it was a horrible day, I realized, even more then I already knew, how amazing my parents are...especially my Mom. I was given lots of words of comfort and encouragement and I knew that through faith I could make it through the semester. I wanted to say thanks for all the prayers I know were given for me because they worked. This morning my boss called me and said that they had felt terrible for cutting back so much and they were going to try and work me on the schedule. I am working tomorrow night...and who knows from then on when I'll work. But I know that God loves me and through faith miracles happen! It makes me feel so much more grateful that I am able to go to school to one day have a job that should hopefully never fall through. So this could be an interesting semester but I know I'll make it through because I have the best family ever to help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such a joy to me!!
Melissa... you are wise beyond your years... and one of the best ways to receive blessings is that "grateful" attitude you have! You are special!
Post a Comment