Logan and I ready to go hit the slopes!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Ski Trip Adventure!
It snowed 10 inches in Idaho Falls yesterday, so being the ski junkies we are Dad, Jason, Logan and I decided to head up to our favorite Kelly Canyon for the first ski trip of the year! Because it is Idaho, we had 30 mph winds along with all that snow so the drive to the mountain was definitely an adventure. We inched along the highway just watching the headlights in front of us, but Dad is a good driver and we eventually made it there safely. Then the fun began! It was so fun to be back skiing again-I love it so much! At some places there was powder up to my knees and we all had a blast remembering how to ski again- we were all a little rusty to start with. And of course, Logan showed us all up on his nice new snowboard. A couple of hours into the night they came over Dad's ski patrol radio and said that all highways were closed so we knew getting home would be an adventure. But we kept skiing anyways! So when the night was over we all had an adventure. First laughing at a certain ski patroller in the shack who knew he could get us home safely, just follow him. Then, we headed down the mountain. We were going good until we got stopped by flashing police lights saying a car had gone off the road. So we had to wait while they pulled them out. Not 5 minutes later that same car went off the road again and we were delayed some more. But, it was still an adventure. We ended up making our way through Ririe, Rigby, Ucon and eventually home. All in all it took us an hour and 40 minutes to get home and we were all ready for bed after that, but it was a great ski trip and we all had a blast!
I know this is a horrible picture but I had to post it. We followed this car for almost an hour just following his headlights and we were happy he was in front of us! Also you can see the police cars. I felt bad for them-I'm sure they were hating the bad weather!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad that you had a good time. It sure sounds like an adventure.
I'm glad you had fun and even more glad I wasn't there (because you know I am a wimp)!
Melissa... I admire you! What a die-hard skier! I would be one of the social skier types... has to be a good day...and then you take only a couple of runs before you go in for hot chocolate and socialize and then a couple of runs and then more socializing in where it's warm... no wonder I'm not very good at it! Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment