Thursday, December 6, 2012

Adventures of a Newlywed!

Every day seemed like a million years before Ian and I got married, and now I look back at the last month and a half and wonder how the time has flown! We've had some fun adventures the past few weeks and had lots of fun! I know I've said in previous posts how hard it was for me to be in Utah, but today I feel nothing but gratitude that Ian and I are here at this time to make all of these fun memories together!

Some of our adventures have included: 

Jeeping in Moab!
Ian's family loves to Jeep. His Dad owns a company called Teraflex that manufactures and sells parts to really make an ordinary jeep in to something worth bragging about. So a few weekends after we got married we headed to Moab with his sister Mindy and her family and jeeped for a day. I even drove the jeep! (I may have cried along the ride and my heart was pounding, but I'm determined to get comfortable behind the wheel of a jeep!) The best part was standing at the top seeing this beautiful view. We got up pretty high in elevation!


Spending some fun time with Ian's family:

Ian is blessed, just as I am, to come from an amazing family. I am grateful we get to spend lots of time with them so I really feel like part of the family. I figure if I can open up their cupboards to grab a snack, take a nap on their couch, and have my very own  nickname from Ian's Dad (Idaho!) then I'm slowly fitting in.

This is his adorable niece Alivia. She just makes me smile!


Going to see the lights on Temple Square with my family:

My parents came down the day after Thanksgiving and Ian and I headed to the lights with them. I haven't seen them in years and I couldn't believe how much I'd forgotten. They were gorgeous! And what was even more cool was going to do a session in the Salt Lake temple the next day with my parents...what an experience that was!

Ian came to be a mystery reader in my classroom:

Last year I had a mystery reader almost every Friday. It is one of my favorite things to do. And up until this point this year I've had one whole reader...and that was Ian! I am so grateful he supports me in my job and the kids loved to see him in person and not just pictures!

Making gingerbread houses with Ian's best friend and his wife, John and Kiley:

As some of you saw on facebook, I love to make gingerbread houses. It is one of my favorite activities. I marched in to this date night with my game face on and my decorating kit in tow. So when we opened up the box of our pre made gingerbread house and saw it crumbled in pieces I couldn't help but laugh. So much for any award winning houses! But we salvaged what we could (thanks to Ian's chewing skills, he ate of some of the pieces to make them work!) and we made our very own redneck gingerbread house. 


My family has come to visit:

I feel very blessed to have had two sisters come down to visit, with my other sister coming next weekend. They are my best friends so it's fun to share my new life with them! I especially missed this little chicka, who did not want her picture taken!



I don't know how long you're considered a newlywed, but for now I am so grateful to be in this fun stage of life. Even normal boring things seem new and exciting because I'm doing them for the first time as Mrs. Ian Falkner!

1 comment:

Uncomplicated Parenting said...

I say you can ALWAYS consider yourself newlyweds :) Love reading your stories! we need to get together now that Nathan's school is calming down!